RubiQ comes pre-configured and almost-ready-to-fly. These settings can be verified and customized in INAV, an open source flight controller software. INAV is a Chrome extension, so you will need to have Chrome downloaded as a web browser. RubiQ’s firmware is compatible with version 1.6.2 of the INAV – Configurator, which is available for download directly from http://rubiq.edventures.com/downloads/. The INAV – Configurator is also available from the Chrome Web Store. However, the version downloaded directly from the Chrome Web Store auto-updates, which may make the Configurator incompatible with RubiQ’s current firmware.
Download INAV directly from the http://rubiq.edventures.com/downloads/ page to ensure proper compatibility, found under the INAV – Configurator Download tab.
To get started:
- Download the Configurator file from www.rubiq.edventures.com/downloads/, under the INAV – Configurator Download tab.
For Windows devices:
⋅ Find the downloaded ZIP file that begins with INAV – Configurator. Right-click the folder icon and select “extract all.” This will bring up a sub-menu asking you to select a destination for the extracted files. Press the “extract” option at the bottom.
⋅ A new file window will appear containing a .CRX file beginning with INAV – Configurator that displays a Google Chrome icon. Keep this file window open.
For Mac OS X devices:
⋅ Find the downloaded ZIP file that begins with INAV – Configurator. Double-click the folder to begin unzipping the files. A new .CRX file beginning with INAV – Configurator will appear. Keep the file window open.
- Start Chromium or Google Chrome. Click the three stacked dots in the top right corner and scroll to More Tools > Extensions, or enter chrome://extensions in the search bar.
- Check the Developer Mode box at the top of the page
- Drag and drop the extracted INAV – Configurator .CRX file anywhere onto the Extensions screen to download the extension to Chrome.
- INAV – Configurator 1.6.2 will appear in the Chrome Extensions tab already open. From there, click Launch to open INAV.